Sunday, May 17, 2009

8th Grade Honors Camp




Wow! This weekend was a very unique experience, one that I have not done while here at Central. It felt like I was back at camp when I was in middle school myself only that this time I was a teacher not the student. The best thing about the camp had to be the skit that Aaron, Jason, Vinny, and I came up with and executed on stage during the campfire. Another memorable thing was our cabin. It was truly a camp environment inside that cabin. Spending time with the fellow PE cohort members was also very fun. Also we could have not asked for any better weather which was so nice after the weather we have had lately.

The camp had such a beautiful setting which leads me to another fun thing we did. Some of the cohort went to a beach on the lake and jumped in the freezing water. The only bad thing about this time I had at camp was the mass amounts of mosquito's! They were everywhere and there was more of them than I have ever seen!!! Overall minus the mosquito's this experience was a lot of fun.

As for our activity, that went better than I could have expected. The kids really seemed to enjoy the field day activities that we had planned for them. By far the best activity had to be the water balloon toss which left many people a little wet but with smiles on their face!


No comments:

Post a Comment