Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Hardcore Bike Ride


Today the hardcore group met behind the Psychology building to get ready to go to our biking location as a car train. I rode with Doc and the drive was way longer than I would have thought but once we got to where we were going to be riding it was all worth the long ride. It was a beautiful day and we were in the beautiful wilderness doing something I had forgot how much I loved.
The ride itself was very fun and challenging and had many interesting moments in it. We went way uphill most of the time trying to avoid the rocks and other obstacles all over the very skinny path. I led the way all the way up and all the way down. I was proud that I was able to ride about 90 percent of the trail without having to get off and walk. Once we got to the top of our trial we had a really fun little downhill section that I had hoped for all day. The biggest thing about today for me was the feeling that i used to have as a kid mountain biking by my house came back to me making me to want to go out and mountain bike again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment